Sunday, January 11, 2009

morning

One of my favorite things has to be rediscovering something you love. Like catching up with a friend you haven’t seen in ages, picking up a favorite book, going back to something you started, or just being reminded of why you’re doing what you’re doing.

All that to say, I had one of those moments this week. On the way to my early morning CPR training, I witnessed an amazing Colorado Springs’ sunrise. I am very much a morning person, and being out of school and out of a routine I have greatly missed the goodness of early morning and sunrise. But not this Friday. I left time to take the longer route that runs alongside Garden of the Gods at the foot of Pikes Peak. It was nothing short of spectacular. There is something about the stillness of the morning that is so refreshing and humbling. I was re-introduced to that this Friday. Waking up to such a visible display of God's glory has to be one of my favorite things rediscovered.

Thank you, God, for rediscovery and that you always bring morning.

No comments: