Monday, February 16, 2009

reclaim

Before coming on this trip, I remember having a conversation with one of my close friends, Jamie. I was trying to explain to her what was going through my head as I was getting ready to come here, but, as is common with me, I couldn’t find the right words to express what was in my mind. I couldn’t think of a better way to express what I was thinking other than saying I need something of my own again.

Once I got here I was trying to explain this same feeling to another dear friend, and finally was able to come up with a word to describe it—reclaiming.

Today I got to sit in a circle with my peers at LASP as we all got to share a part of our spiritual journey. When it was my turn to share, I shared this thought about reclaiming. The past year and a half or so have been rough and have taken a heavy toll on me. In coming here I, in some ways, feel like I’m getting a fresh start. A time to step back from the norm and rediscover, reclaim.

I think that may be my word for the semester.
reclaim.

No comments: